Pages

WonderOri's big up to: Dorothy Mills

Just a quick one - I've been thinking about a movie I saw a couple of months ago called Dorothy Mills. I'd never heard of it before, and I was surprised at how well it was made. If you are a horror junkie or thriller loonatic like myself then I suggest you try to find yourself a copy!


A psychiatrist from Dublin is sent to investigate a case in which a girl is accused of abusing a baby. She gets to know the girl, the autonomous Dorothy and realises there's something darker/eviler going on.

When I was first given this movie to watch by a friend I studied the cover, the pictures and the back synopsis, and concluded it was another exorcism movie. It isn't really, but I do find myself comparing it to The Last Exorcism.

They both come under the same genre and the narratives are similar - a young girl who is 'possessed', and someone is trying to find out the reason behind their actions.

However, Dorothy Mills has a really interesting and slightly quirky atmosphere which reminded me of The Wicker Man (1973).

I have to also mention that Jenn Murray (the girl who plays Dorothy) was fantastic in this movie and if she hadn't played the role so perfectly the whole thing would have fell short. I would really like to see her in more stuff in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment